- Date TBA: Pointe shoe fittings at Artistic Sole
- Sept. 4: Labour Day
- Sept. 8: Regular weekly Nutcracker rehearsals start
- Sept. 8: Classes start. Please take note of the specific start date of your teacher on the Dates of Instruction document.
- Sept. 9: Term 1 Fees Due
- Oct. 9: Thanksgiving Monday ‐ Classes running as usual
- Oct. 14: Nocturne Art At Night – LHSD Jazz Classes performing at Nocturne at Northwood
- Oct. 22: Nutcracker group ticket orders due today.
- Oct. 29: Leica absent for Nutcracker rehearsals. Yukiko teaching Ballet 5 today.
- Oct. 31: Halloween – no scheduled classes tonight
- Nov. 4-10: Class viewing days for Fall term
- Nov. 11: Remembrance Day ‐ Classes running as usual
- Nov. 11: No classes with Michelle in Rm#4 today due to NWCC craft fair. Michelle’s classes in Rm #5 running as usual.
- Nov. 12: No private lessons available today.
- Nov. 12: Replacement classes for Michelle’s Rm#4 classes & adjusted times for Ballet 8. Classes will be held in Rm#5 as follows:
- 10:30-11:15 Ballet Primary
- 11:15-12:15 Modern A
- 12:30-2:00 Ballet 5
- 2:00-4:00 Ballet 8 & Pointe
- Nov. 13: No scheduled classes with Leica due to Nutcracker rehearsals at Cohn Auditorium
- Nov. 23: LHSD school jacket orders due. See Yoga Jacket Order Form and Yoga Jacket Product Information for details.
- Dec. 1: Term 2 fees due
- Dec. 8-10: Nutcracker performances at Rebecca Cohn Auditorium with Symphony Nova Scotia
- Dec. 9: Subs/cancellations for Leica today as follows:
- Ballet 1 – Anastasia Wiebe
- Ballet 4 – Michelle Lehman
- Ballet Pre-Elem cancelled as students are performing in Nutcracker
- Dec. 10: Subs/cancellations for Leica today as follows:
- Ballet 5 – Michelle Lehman
- Ballet 8 cancelled as students are performing in Nutcracker
- Dec. 14-17: Nutcracker performances at Rebecca Cohn Auditorium with Symphony Nova Scotia
- Dec. 19-Jan. 3: LHSD closed for the holidays. Please consult the Dates of Instruction document on the Schedule/Studio page for your final class before the holidays.
- Jan. 3: Classes resume
- Jan. 6: Leica subbing for Yukiko in Ballet 3
- Feb. 1: Ballet exam fees due
- Feb. 17-23: Class viewing days for Winter term
- Feb. 19: Heritage Day – Classes running as usual
- March 3-5: Ballet Exams
- March 3-5: No regularly scheduled classes due to ballet exams.
- March 7: Parent Participation Day for Jazz A & B
- March 10: Parent Participation Day for KiDance, Ballet Primary & Ballet 1 to Ballet 3
- March 12-25: LHSD March Break (2 weeks)
- March 30: Good Friday – classes running as usual
- April 1: Term 3 fees due
- April 2: Easter Monday – classes running as usual
- May 11: Sub for Leica due to KiDanCo load-in & set-up at theatre
- May 12 & 13: KiDanCo Spring Season dress rehearsal & performances – see KiDanCo/Performance Season for further information
- May 12 & 13: Leica absent due to KiDanCo Spring Season. Subs TBA.
- May 19-21: Victoria Day weekend – classes running as usual
- May 22-28: Class viewing days for Spring term
- Date TBA: Nutcracker dancer & children auditions
- June 3: Costume rental fees due
- June 13 & 14: Final classes for Adult Ballet & Jazz students
- June 22: Annual Student Showcase dress rehearsals @ Alderney Landing
- June 23: Annual Student Showcase dress rehearsals & performance @ Alderney Landing
This year has been another wonderful adventure in dance for Dominic. Thank you for that touch of magic that has touched all the dancers! – Susann Curry, mother of Dominic
All photos this page by Cathy McKelvey.