- Sept. 2: Labour Day
- Sept. 5: Classes start. Please take note of the specific start date of your class/teacher on the Dates of Instruction document.
- Sept. 5: Fall term fees due
- Sept. 5: Regular weekly Nutcracker rehearsals start
- Oct. 14: Thanksgiving Monday ‐ no scheduled classes tonight
- Oct. 19: Nocturne Art At Night
- Oct. 31: Halloween – no scheduled classes tonight
- Nov. 2-8: Class viewing days for Fall term
- Nov. 9: No scheduled classes today due to North Woodside Community Centre Craft Fair
- Nov. 11: Remembrance Day ‐ classes running as usual
- Nov. 23:
- Jazz A – Mackenzie subbing for Kendra
- Jazz B – Becca subbing for Kendra
- Nov. 25: Leica subbing for Becca in Modern A & Ballet 5
- Nov. 29: Kendra subbing for Anastasia in Modern E
Please note that all classes in Dec. do not end for the holidays on the same week. See the Dates of Instruction 2019-20 document to confirm your last class for each day and instructor before the holidays.
- Dec. 1: Winter term & ballet exam fees due
- Dec. 4-8: Subs for Leica’s & Mackenzie’s classes as needed due to Nutcracker commitments
- Dec. 6-8: Nutcracker performances at Rebecca Cohn Auditorium with Symphony Nova Scotia
- Dec. 12-15: Subs for Leica’s & Mackenzie’s classes as needed due to Nutcracker commitments
- Dec. 12-15: Nutcracker performances at Rebecca Cohn Auditorium with Symphony Nova Scotia
- Saturday, Dec. 14: All classes with Yukiko & Becca will be held in Room #2
- Monday, Dec. 16: All classes will be held in Room #4.
- Dec. 17-Jan. 5: LHSD closed for the holidays. Please consult the Dates of Instruction 2019-20 document for your final class before the holidays.
- Jan. 6: Classes resume
- Jan. 16: Final date to remit ballet exam fees
- Feb. 16-22: Class viewing days for Winter term
- Feb. 17: Africville Day – Classes running as usual
- March 8: Daytime ballet exams – classes running as usual in the late afternoon & evening
- March 9: Daytime ballet exams
- March 9-15: Parent Participation Days
- March 16-28: LHSD March Break (2 weeks)
- March 30: CLASSES SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. PLEASE SEE OUR LEARNING RESOURCES WEBPAGE.
- April 1: Spring term fees due
- April 10: Good Friday – classes running as usual
- April 13: Easter Monday – classes running as usual
- April 25: KiDanCo’s Studio Sightings studio presentation of work in progress
- April 29: International Dance Day
- May TBA: Showcase costume rental fees due
- May 16 & 17: Victoria Day weekend – Saturday & Sunday classes running as usual
- May 18: Victoria Day – no regularly scheduled classes
- May 31: Class viewing day for Spring term
- June 1-6: Class viewing days for Spring term
- June TBA: KiDanCo Spring Season
See KiDanCo/Performance Season for further information.
- June TBA: Nutcracker children’s and dancers’ auditions at Halifax Dance. Time TBA.
- June 18: Final class for Adult Ballet
- June 20: Annual Student Showcase dress rehearsals & performance @ Alderney Landing
This year has been another wonderful adventure in dance for Dominic. Thank you for that touch of magic that has touched all the dancers! – Susann Curry, mother of Dominic
All photos this page by Cathy McKelvey.