Fall 2019 registration Is Now Open!
Registration & Payment
- Payment(s) must accompany a completed registration form in order to secure a place in class.
- The school year is comprised of three 12-week terms, with the exception of Adult programming, which runs for 35 weeks.
- Students may register by mail, phone or email. Confirmation of registration will be processed only after payment and the registration form are received.
- Payment may be made in cash or cheque or Interac email money transfer. Please make all cheques payable to the Leica Hardy School of Dance.
- A service charge of $15.00 will apply to N.S.F. cheques.
- A late payment charge of 10.00% per month will be charged on overdue accounts after 30 days.
- Post-dated cheques will not be accepted once the term has started, unless prior arrangements for late payment have been made with the office.
- Registration Fee – All students pay an annual $20.00 (HST included) non-refundable registration fee totalling a maximum fee of $50.00 (HST included) per family. Registration is valid from September 1st until August 31st of each year.
- Costume rental fees and tickets for the annual student showcase are extra.
- Class fees payments may be made in full or in three equal payments. The first payment is due on the date of registration to secure your place in class.
- Please note the following fee due dates:
- Fall Term – Sept. 7, 2018
- Winter Term & Ballet Exam Fees – Dec. 1, 2018
- Spring Term & Costume Rental Fees – Apr. 1, 2019
- All class fees are non-refundable once the term has started.
- Ballet Examination Fees – Please note these fees are non-refundable once they have been remitted to the Society of Russian Ballet.
- PDF receipts will be emailed at the time of payment. Duplicate receipts are available for a pre-paid $10.00 fee.
- Professional and private lesson rates available on request. Please note the following policies for private lesson bookings made on the Bookings site:
- All private classes are subject to HST.
- Private class bookings are considered ‘firm’ at the time of booking by the student.
- Cancellations by the student with less than 24 hours notice, or a no-show, will be charged the full price of the booking.
- Students who must cancel due to events beyond their control with less than 24 hours notice must notify the instructor to book an alternative class time of equal length.
- Students who repeatedly cancel bookings will be required to pay for all bookings in advance.
- In the event the instructor must cancel a booking, they will notify the student to arrange an alternative time. If the student has pre-paid and is not available for the alternative time any pre-payments will be refunded in full.
Fees – General School
- All term fees are for the full term.
- Fees will be prorated for students joining after the first week of classes in a term, up to and including the third week of classes. Starting on the fourth week of the term students who not officially registered by submitting a completed registration form will be charged the single class rate for the remaining classes in that term and any classes previously taken in the term.
- Fees for the General School are on a per class basis and eligible for the Family/Multiple Class Discounts. For full details please see below.
- Multiple Class Discount – Highest price class is at full cost. The second class of lesser value is discounted 10%.
- Family Discount – Highest priced class of the family is at full cost. The highest priced class of all other family members is discounted by 10%.
- Discounts are calculated before HST is applied to the total fee.
- Classes less than .75 hours are not eligible for discounts.
Fees – Drop-In Students
- Single classes & five-class cards are available.
- Five-class cards must be purchased in full prior to taking classes.
- Please present your card before each class for initialing by the instructor.
- Cards must be used within the term of purchase.
- Drop-in classes are not eligible for multi‐class or family discounts.
Fees – Intensive Training (ITP) & Pre-Professional Training (PPT) Programs
- Fees for the Intensive Training and Pre-Professional Training Programs are based on the hours of classes a student attends per week.
- In the event that the total cost of ITP fees for three classes is less than or equal to the cost of two of the student’s highest priced classes at General School rates, including the applicable Family/Multiple Class Discount, the student shall pay the next higher 15-minute ITP rate.
- Only classes one hour in length or longer are considered ‘classes’ when calculating the three-class requirement for participation in the programs.
- Fees for ITP and PPT students will be pro-rated based upon the student’s start date.
- As ITP and PPT fees are already discounted they are not eligible for the Family/Multiple Class Discounts, which apply only to the General School.
We are so thankful they are part of this wonderful dance school, and their continual growth and love of dance ‘seals the deal’ for us in so many ways. – Tina Oates-Johnson, Mother of Maggie & Mollie
All photos this page by Cathy McKelvey.